Toward the end of the fall on the shelves of markets and shops there feijoa - exotic fruit with incredibly delicious and flavorful flesh.More recently, this "foreign guests" was considered a culinary curiosity and rarely found on our tables.Today it is often used for cooking various dishes and trivial pieces for the winter.Particularly useful are considered various options for feijoa jam, which are famous for lots of vitamins and minerals.Some of these recipes we bring to your attention today.
feijoa jam with lemon and ginger - a step by step recipe
Feijoa with sugar, lemon and ginger - a win-win combination of cooking.Additional components not only successfully set off berry fruit flavor, spice and jam give saturation, but also repeatedly reinforce its healing properties.Be sure to use this recipe, because the combination of sweet and useful so rare.
- Feijoa fruit - 700 gr.
- sugar - 700 gr.
- piece of ginger - 50 c.
- large lemon - 1 pc.
- drinking water - 80 ml
Step by Step:
- To start feijoa fruit thoroughly rinse under running cold water and dry on a towel.Then cut all the tops and tails.Cut the fruit into several parts.
- Then clean lemon peel, white layer, pitted and cut into small pieces.Ginger root grate on fine-grain grater.
- now miss feijoa and lemons through a meat grinder or chop using an immersion blender.Pulp from the fruits of transfer to a wide enamel bowl and combine with the ginger, sugar and water.Mass boil on minimum heat for 5-7 minutes after boiling.
- hot jam packagi by a sterile glass jars, cover with lids and sealed send after cooling in a dark cool place, for example, in the refrigerator compartment or a cellar.Optimal shelf life of such harvesting - 5-6 months.
crude feijoa jam with lemon, dried apricots and nuts - the recipe step by step
Another option delicious bars of feijoa with sugar - raw jam.Enhanced citrus, nuts and dried fruit, such a treat vitamin is good in itself.However, it can be used as a filling for baking, as well as for the preparation of homemade sweets and marmalades.
- Feijoa fruit - 500 gr.
- sugar - 500 gr.
- Lemon - 1 pc.
- nucleoli walnut - 150g.
- apricots - 150g.
Step by Step:
- primarily have moved and washed the fruit, remove the tails on both sides.Next myrtle berries and peeled lemon peel and seed pulp mince or chop in a blender until smooth.The resulting mixture pour the sugar and set aside to 1-1.5 hours.
- meantime proceed with the preparation of additional ingredients.Nuts calcined in an oven or on a dry frying pan, then carefully remove any plenochek and lightly crushed in a mortar.Apricots fill 20 minutes with warm water, and after soaking the cut in small pieces.
- After complete dissolution of sugar crystals add to the weight of the berries produced nuts and dried fruits.Stir the mixture until smooth and place in dry sterilized jars.The neck of each container, cover with a double layer of parchment (can be replaced by a dense paper) and tie a strong thread.
- As such, the jam can be stored in the refrigerator about 2-3 months.