As children fall into the trap of addiction
In our time, buy a dangerous drug is not difficult.Traders are present on the Internet or at a school dance.Young people are looking for new experiences, want to see how strong and fearless, they can be just a few minutes.The depth of the problem is that today's children do not "indulge in" Ecstasy or grass - they start at once more powerful drugs.The most common of them - amphetamine or LSD and heroin.Dependence arises from them after the first application, and the slightest overdose leads to death.
Why do children go to this step?After all, many of them are aware of the possible consequences, and yet it does not stop them.There are many reasons why children start using drugs.Among them:
1. Stress.The child just wants to forget about his troubles at home or at school, he wants to feel the strength to cope with any adversity.
2. Boredom.Usually, children suffer from wealthy families where the parents 'bribes' from the child expensive toys, pocket money
3. Loneliness.The child suffers from its own facilities, it lacks communication.Possible conflict with the parents, where the child is desperately seeking approval of their peers.
4. Curiosity.It covers younger children (7-10 years old), who very far from knowledge about the dangers of drugs.
5. The form of protest.There is a situation when a child is "crushed" prohibitions and criticism.So he tries to break out of the parent "terror."
6. The desire to appear older.This is the most common cause of teenage "nonsense."It arises from the internal discomfort and insecurity.
Many of these reasons may seem unreasonable, but young people take them seriously.However, you should think about the fact that among the main reasons also acts a vivid example of adults.If the parents are addicted to alcohol and cigarettes - is easier to fall into the children dependent on anything else.It is in any case very painful for parents to accept the fact that their children are using drugs.But their position in relation to the child, if he uses drugs should not be accusatory.Otherwise, the child distances himself and his behavior will get worse.
How to prevent drug use children
Stay close, talking about the dangers of
According to experts on drug therapy, the most effective protection against drug use is for the baby warm, safe home.The house in which the parents are free to talk about everything, feeling their love and attention.Every teenager should prepare for a possible meeting with people offering drugs.How to prepare them?
- Read with your child books and articles showing the consequences of this dependence.
- Discuss problem.Ask your child if he offered drugs at school or on the street.Ask what he thinks about it, whether he understands the seriousness of this issue.
- explains.Tell your child about the principles of drug action.Explain the reasons why people become addicted.Do not exaggerate, but really paint over the problem.
- Teach your child to say "no."Explain to him that he has the right to withdraw at any time.No one can force him to do anything.This is his life, and only himself to decide what it will be.
Communicate with your child!
Everyone has a need to talk about things that interest him and be heard.Very often, parents do not realize that their children have the urgent need to talk to them.If the communication between you and your children is violated there is a risk for the occurrence of problems and misunderstandings that may have different implications.The subsequent alienation of the child to lead the search for more intensive contacts with other outsiders.So they will seek dialogue among equals - and misunderstood outcasts close.
baby Listen carefully!
Being a good listener is a necessary condition for a constructive dialogue.In dealing with children's ability to hear them, it seems easy.In fact, the word "listen" means:
- to show their genuine interest in the child's life;
- to try to understand his thoughts and feelings;
- help him to better express their feelings and expectations;
- be able to express their shared commitment to the problem;
- show the children that you are always ready to listen to them with an understanding on any occasion.
Put yourself in the place of the child
Try to see the world through his eyes!Young people tend to exaggerate their problems, assuming that no one else has ever had the exact same problems.Let him know that he is not alone in its problem.Empathy baby, be interested in his problems.You do not have to give ready-made solutions and molest a child boring stories about your past.It is important that the child felt your willingness to help him, should this prove necessary.
Spend time with your child
Do something that is equally interesting for both sides.Communication is always more interesting when it is created nenaigranno when both parties share the pleasure of being together.It is not necessary to plan something special.You can just go to the movies, to football or watch TV.It's not so important how you spend time together.Home.To bring mutual pleasure and happens regularly.
Make friends with your children's friends!
As a rule, young people try drugs in its friendly environment.It is possible that those who take drugs exert psychological pressure on the other, forced to follow suit.Try to learn and meet friends of your children, even if they are not the ones you would have chosen for them.Invite them home, they define a place where they can be together.So you will still have an impact on what they are doing.
Support your child's interests
boredom and uncertainty about what to do with themselves, are the direct route to drugs.Help the children to find out what really interests them.Encourage them in their hobbies, create conditions for the development of their interests.
Do not underestimate our children!
All children have some ability, but not all parents take this fact.Sometimes it is difficult to find parents who support their children in their quest for development.When children see that they achieve something and get due recognition of this, they get more confidence and belief in their abilities.In turn, this causes them to new and new discoveries of their own potential.The likelihood that these children will have to deal with drugs, much lower.
Symptoms of addiction in children
not just learn your child takes drugs, especially if it occurs for the first time or is used only occasionally.Many of the symptoms are common to all human development at puberty.Do not jump to conclusions if you notice any of these signs:
- sudden changes in mood, from outbreaks of joy to anxiety and depression;
- unusual irritability or aggression;
- loss of appetite;
- loss of interest in hobbies, sports, school or friends;
- bouts of drowsiness and lethargy;
- unexplained loss of money or property from your home;
- unusual odors, stains and scars on the body or clothing;
- abnormal powders, tablets, capsules, foil or carbonized needles from syringes.
- puncture marks on his hands, blood stains on clothing;
- excessively restricted (less than 3 mm in diameter) or extended (6 mm in diameter) the pupils;
- mysterious phone calls, the company of unfamiliar peers.
Remember that all of these symptoms are observed only in the initial period, when parents have a real chance to help your child to give up drugs.When the body adapts to the drug - the symptoms disappear.Then, only an expert can recognize the outward signs that the child - a drug addict.Talk to people who are more involved with your child - friends, teachers.
Every parent should know how to help your child if his drug use proved.If you have serious concerns that your son or daughter takes drugs - do a simple urine test child.Such tests are already available in pharmacies without a prescription.Remember, if your suspicions are confirmed, you must act now!
- Refer to the clinic for drug-dependent youth and talk to a therapist.It is important!Intervention and assistance of professionals will be much more effective than if you tried to solve the problem on their own.Also, if your child is already dependent, treatment in a clinic may help in the long-term treatment of addiction.
- Although it is difficult, try to keep your nerves to yourself.Do not attack the child - that you make it worse.The teenager may be closed in themselves and refuse to cooperate with a psychologist.And then the therapeutic process will proceed much more difficult.