beverage of dogwood first mention of cornel were found by archaeologists in the territory of modern Switzerland and the 3rd Century BC.Today, this plant often can be found in most parts of Europe as well as in the Caucasus, China, North America.The Cornus fruits are small, red and astringent taste.They are eaten fresh, dried and pickled.Dogwood is often added to tea, giving some acidity, and more of it is obtained an excellent compote and jam.This is an easy and proven way to close for the winter a few jars of beauty cornel jam: 3 kilograms dogwood take 1 kilo of sugar and a glass of water.Boil the syrup of water and sugar and pour them the fruit of dogwood.Bring to a boil mass, cool and repeat the procedure, and after roll up in sterilized jars.
- Dogwood 300 g Sugar 0.5
- Water 1.5 l
- Step 1 To cook a compote need: ripe dogwood, sugar and water.
- Step 2 Cornus fruits wash and place in a pot volume of 1.5 liters.Pour sugar to taste (we added 0.5 cups of volum
- Step 3 liquid bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Step 4 Then the pan off the heat and cover.Give cool completely and present.The whole process will take approximately 3-5 hours.
- Step 5 Compote should have bright color, taste sour and light fragrance.