So, for what reasons and under the influence of public funds may be a chemical burn of the skin of a child?As I mentioned, in order to get a wound, you need direct skin contact with corrosive chemicals.Often, it's all kinds of liquid and powder but there are materials that can cause chemical burns.Among them I would like to highlight the limestone dust, phosphorus and cement, concrete and heavy metal salt.More skin burns can be caused by acid or alkali, solvent.These dangerous substances often have a part of the set of household chemical substances (such as mineral fertilizers, paints and varnishes (It also includes and hair dye), bleach and building materials, cleaning products and detergents, disinfectants, etc.).
On what grounds can you determine what occurred burn a child?There are a number of symptoms which indicate that they are very reliable in cases where you know or have seen, that the baby's skin got dangerous chemicals.Here are the signs:
& lt;! - [If!supportLists] - & gt; 1) & lt;! - [end
& lt;! - [If!supportLists] - & gt; 2) & lt;! - [endif] - & gt; the color of the baby's skin suddenly changed, more often - in the red, but sometimes the skin may turn white or acquire bluish hue, and in some cases - even darken;
& lt;! - [If!supportLists] - & gt; 3) & lt;! - [endif] - & gt; chemical burns cause severe pain;
& lt;! - [If!supportLists] - & gt; 4) & lt;! - [endif] - & gt; child appeared on the skin blisters.
Now I would like to draw parents' attention to one important detail.If we talk about primary care that should be provided to the affected child, in all cases it will be exactly the same.However, this only applies to first aid.When will medical treatment, the doctor will be important to know: what exactly was the cause of a thermal burn?And it will be very good if you initially save a little aggressive substance that burned your child.In this way you will greatly simplify the task of the doctor in the appointment of the drug policy.
What should make any grown man when he saw that the child has received a chemical burn?
1. First, you should immediately remove the aggressive substance, so that it is no longer contact with the skin of the child.Powdered chemicals can simply shake off, or take a cloth - and carefully brush away, making sure that it does not hit on your hands.Another option: to blow away the powder with the baby, or take a vacuum cleaner and get rid of the irritant with it.If on baby clothes dripped burning poisonous liquid - you need to immediately remove the article of clothing, and if it can be done - then pry or cut this piece.
2. Aggressive substance that provoked thermal burns, and for a long time should be carefully washed from the skin, use warm running water.It is desirable to spend a minimum of 20 minutes.
3. After washing, you should either cover or wrap the affected area of the skin clean, soaked in cold water with a cloth.
Another important note: if a child was struck by means of powder, then in any case do not start to wash the affected area until the powder does not shake off.You should not allow him contact with water, because the reaction is difficult to predict - you can only do harm.Therefore, only carefully remove the powdery agent, begins to "water treatment".
Perhaps your child is very lucky and blow-off and rinse the affected area, you will notice that there is not even on the skin redness - then go to the doctor is not necessary.However, there is a list of symptoms, noting at least one of them, you should seek help immediately:
- the baby is weak and pale, he was dizzy and knock the breath;
- shows that the skin has been struck by the burn: in the affected area appear sores and blisters;
- burned area very sore for a long time;
- the area of skin to burn more than the size of the palm nursery;
- if harsh chemicals affected the groin, face, or any large joints.
If you suddenly decide to recall the lessons of chemistry and neutralize the chemical by alkali or acid - forget about it, because you can make a mistake and only aggravate the situation.
And now I would like to tell you more, and what to do with the chemical burns can not be in any case.Since we usually try to transfer knowledge about the emergency of other emergencies, and to apply them in the present case, however, these measures of assistance is not always appropriate.So, if a child has received chemical burns, adults can not:
- to try to remove or tear the clothes, which stuck to the affected area;
- pierce the blisters appeared on the site of the burn;
- touch your hands to the affected areas of skin chemicals child;
- try to attach to the burnt place cotton wool or a piece of ice, it is impossible to seal the adhesive-like wound dressings (adhesive, for example);
- making processing of the affected section of the following ingredients: butter, cream or sour cream, yogurt, cream or ointment, lotion, powder or powder, iodine and "brilliant green" hydrogen peroxide, especially alcohol.
The difficulty in the self-treatment of chemical burns lies in the fact that the reaction that occurs between chemicals and drugs (the same ointment, for example), is unpredictable.Therefore, in order to avoid deterioration of the baby, it is better first 24 hours after the burn does not apply to the affected area.Anyway, on their own, without consulting a doctor.If you think that without medicines in this case, can not do - then call your doctor.The main thing - do not let the situation slide.It burns the skin - this is no joke!