Allergic rhinitis refers to one of the three allergic diseases, such as: atopic dermatitis (inflammatory skin disease ) and allergic asthma .As mentioned earlier, this cold can be in close contact with the allergen , i.e.a substance to cause an allergic reaction.In order to know why there is this type of allergy, you need to consider the allergens that cause the disease:
- House dust or dust from the old books, interior;
- mites that live in house dust;
- Food (from the fruit and candy to seafood);
- insect allergens (it may be their scales, wings, legs)
- Allergens molds and yeast;
- Medication (usually antibiotics or certain groups of vitamins);
- Genetic predisposition (if the child's parents are prone to allergies, it is possible the emergence of this kind of a runny nose and the baby)
Many mothers wonder, like a child to recognize rhinitis. In order to understand what your child is allergic rhinitis, it is necessary to know what is the its symptoms:
- Sneezing, which has a distinc
- Nasal discharge is usually watery color, transparency;
- Itching in the nose;
- nasal congestion, particularly at night when the baby sleeps.Less common are cases of breathing difficulties during nasal congestion.
in allergic rhinitis can be identified and a number of external signs accompanying deterioration of the nasal mucosa, ieyou can recognize an allergic rhinitis on a number of grounds and without a doctor.However, remember that in the future you need to contact an experienced specialist.Now we'll tell you how to recognize allergic rhinitis your child's primary attributes.You can see some facial swelling and difficulty breathing, a sick child breathes predominantly mouth.A striking feature is the strong red eyes and tear.Sometimes there are dark circles under the eyes, very often the child can scratch or simply rubbing his nose with his hand.Research has shown that this form of rhinitis often sick in childhood or adolescence.In addition, it is proved that the child's family, the patient a form of rhinitis, is bound to have a relative who has kakaya- any form of allergy.Based on the symptoms, doctors classify three degrees of allergic rhinitis: mild, moderate and severe.If there is no reduction of efficiency and sleep disturbances, then it is mild;if there is a decline in performance, sleep problems - the average degree;Finally, if the symptoms are pronounced - severe degree.
Allergic rhinitis is also subject to seasonal classification.It is isolated: the season, which makes itself felt during the spring and summer and year-round, which is manifested throughout the year, regardless of the season.Seasonal rhinitis usually occurs in spring or summer when everything is in blossom and the main enemy is, above all, pollen.This type of rhinitis may recur after outings after direct contact with animals, when cleaning.On the allergen can often indicate the patient if it is not exactly a small child.
Often, allergic rhinitis is a precursor to allergic conjunctivitis or asthma.Unfortunately, the allergic rhinitis is not the only form of the common cold, so it is very difficult to determine some form of rhinitis (note: in medicine are distinguished - infection, hormones, medication, psychogenic, atrophic, professional and others. Kinds of rhinitis), because they all havesimilar symptoms.So what to do if you suspect your child is allergic rhinitis?First of all, it is necessary to visit the two doctors: Laura and allergist-immunologist.An allergist can give confirmation or refutation of the presence of rhinitis, and ENT pathology report, if any (note: do not neglect a visit to Laura, even if the child has already been diagnosed - allergic rhinitis, because there are related issues that must be solved only in conjunction with treatmentantiallergic).
most important point in detecting this insidious type of rhinitis is the reason, that isrecognition of the allergen that causes the disease.In modern medicine to solve this problem using two types of diagnostics:
1. Statement skin tests is scratching to the skin of the patient, which drip a few drops of the allergen prepared in advance.This method of diagnosis is the most reliable, but it has its drawbacks: First, it can not be carried out in a period of acute illness, and secondly, for 5 days prior to the procedure should be abolished antihistamines (Kestin, suprastin) that could significantly impair the patient's condition.The big plus is the age of the patients in which the diagnosis is carried out - from 4 to 50 years (contra - pregnant and lactating women).
2. blood test to specific IgE performed by blood sampling and identification of the allergen on the results of the study.This analysis can be performed in the period of exacerbation, and it has no contraindications, therefore considered to be more convenient.But this analysis - rather expensive and rather high rate of false positives.
If you fall to the incompetent doctor, you can offer your child a blood test at p eaktsiyu leucosis reaction food . To do this you need to bring with them food particles.The results of this analysis do not correspond to the true state of affairs.If your child is confirmed the diagnosis, it is necessary to know some of the rules of treatment of this disease, and to remember the names of at least some drugs, so doctors could not make a fool of you and force more expensive to buy the drug.In general, the treatment is based on two mandatory points:
1. Removing / reducing inflammation in the mucous membranes of the child;
2. Implementation of specific allergens therapy.
most commonly for the treatment of allergic rhinitis prescribe antihistamines, such as Zyrtec, Telfast and others.Many of them are sold over the counter without a prescription, but it is not necessary to drink them on their own for a long time, because they can cause serious side effects, for example, disruption of the heart.
Very often this form of rhinitis patients make a big mistake in the treatment, namely the use of vasoconstrictive drops (eg: Naphthyzinum, vibrotsil) that kind of time to facilitate breathing.Prolonged use of these drugs always cause allergic rhinitis, and nasal mucosa issushivaet.Very good action has a new drug - Nazaval , in which basis - tselllyuloza .Due to this matter in the nose formed a special microfilm, which does not allow allergens to penetrate inside.Unfortunately, this drug has no special effect in exacerbations, it is better to use as a prophylactic agent.
The most effective way to treat this sub rhinitis is holding the allergen-specific therapy.This treatment is carried out by qualified doctors - allergists in clinics.The essence of the treatment is to introduce small doses of the allergen in the patient's body, with a gradual concentration of the substance - as a result there is resistance to allergens.This method can cure and eliminate all symptoms of allergic rhinitis.Surgical treatments are used very rarely, only if the patient has any ENT potalogii.
Once you have learned how to recognize a child's allergic rhinitis and how it might affect his health at the time of his removal to take up!Besides the treatment of allergic rhinitis, it is necessary to observe some rules, depending on the allergen or just having information about the presence of this type of rhinitis:
- necessary to ventilate the room;
- dried linens outdoors;
- Reduce contact with animals and flowering plants;
- carefully refer to products, such as citrus fruits, sweet food.
- At the time of flowering is better to take away the patient to another location;
- Holidays in the mountains and on the coast significantly reduces any types of rhinitis;
- The apartment is required to purchase an air cleaner.
observing several simple rules in conjunction with therapy / treatment prescribed by your doctor, your child will be able to breathe freely, without fear of allergens.The most important thing - it's the right diagnosis, timely treatment and good hygiene in the living conditions of your life.Now you know how to recognize a child's allergic rhinitis and how to help him in this disease.Remember, allergic rhinitis - a disease which greatly complicates the life of the baby, but it can and must be fought!