Translated from the Italian name for this sauce sounds like "stomp, crush, grind."Why such a name, it becomes clear by the method of its preparation.
- basil leaves - 1 tbsp.
- Garlic - 2-3 cloves
- pine nuts - 1/3 Art.
- Parmesan cheese (grated) - 1/3 Art.
- olive oil - Article 0.5.
- salt - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- clean the garlic, wash and crush it with chesnokodavilku;
- wash, dry and then chop the basil, mix it with garlic and mash in a mortar (you can in a blender) until smooth;
- parmesan should grate;
- finely chop the nuts and add to preparing the sauce.
As a result, you get a thick, viscous, like clay, Mass.To make it more liquid, you should pour a thin stream to the olive oil, stirring constantly pesto.The composition of such snacks can be different.For example, you can replace the basil or arugula tarragon (tarragon), and instead of pine nuts add almonds or Greek.
pesto classic recipe which includes parmesan cheese, usually do not re
To pesto stored for a long time, it rammed into a clean dry jar and placed in a refrigerator.On top of the tank it is recommended to pour olive oil in the bowl 0.5 cm. With this cushion oil sauce will not dry out, and the intensity of its odor will be reduced.After all, we are prepared for the fact that due to banks with a sauce of your refrigerator will acquire the smell of an Italian restaurant.Before using the first workpiece pour the olive oil, take the right amount of sauce and then add oil again.Keep pesto in a way you can for about two weeks.You can also freeze the sauce in special containers - so it is stored for several months.
Pesto sauce: what is?
the question, what to eat pesto, no single answer.After all, this snack is suitable for almost all dishes, especially for those who do not have their own distinct taste.Very popular is pasta (pasta) with pesto.
recipe suitable for meat, fish and even as a filling for a vegetable salad.In addition, we offer a list of what to eat with pesto:
- can spread sauce on slices of toasted in the oven or fresh baguette loaf;
- baked on a grill or in the oven fish, meat or vegetables under the pesto;
- sauce can be added to the stuffing and make him meatballs, you can use it in the chicken Kiev;
- also prepare mashed potatoes with pesto.
In addition, in pizza, risotto and even in soups also add pesto.Calorie this blank, of course, not the lowest.But the amount of nutrients and vitamins - the maximum, which makes the sauce very helpful.To reduce the caloric content can reduce the amount of olive oil and cheese, focusing on the nuts and greens.