regulation of the menstrual cycle can take up to two years.After puberty, most women already have a regular menstrual cycle.
Menstruation usually lasts about five days, but can range from two to seven days.Number of menses in healthy women is 50-200 g, and, pure blood contains 20-70 g
Some women suffer from irregular menstrual cycle - when the time between periods, as well as the amount of blood released during menstruation varies considerably.
Oligomenorrhea - menstrual disorders, accompanied by occasional or irregular menstrual periods with an interval of more than 35 days and the duration of 2-3 days.
What causes oligomenorrhea?
There are many reasons that lead to irregular menstrual cycles:
1. Polycystic ovary syndrome - also known as polycystic ovary syndrome, or Stein-Leventhal syndrome.In this disease in the ovaries produces a lot of formations - cysts.This condition is characterized by irregular menstruation, obesity, acne and hirsutism - excess hair growth.Women with PCOS have chron
2. The imbalance of female hormones, that can lead to irregular menstruation, can also be caused by:
- Extreme weight loss . Low massf body is a common cause of irregular menstrual cycle.
- Intense weight gain. Obesity can sometimes cause problems with the menstrual cycle.
- emotional stress .
- eating disorders , such as anorexia or bulimia can lead to hormonal imbalance, resulting in irregular menstrual cycles
- heavy exercise - women who are engaged in power sports, too, may have problems with the menstrual cycle.
- Puberty - irregular menstruation for several years of puberty are normal.
- period menopause - menopausal women menstrual irregularities observed.Scarce spotting may change uterine bleeding.
4. Breastfeeding - most women missing or regular menses while continuing breastfeeding.
5. Thyroid - irregular periods can be caused by diseases of the thyroid gland.The thyroid gland produces hormones that affect the metabolism of our body.
6. Contraceptives - IUD (intrauterine device), can cause severe bleeding and birth control pills may be accompanied by spotting between menstrual periods.If you are using birth control pills, for the first time, it is not uncommon for a woman, and passing phenomenon.
7. Cancer - bleeding between menstrual periods may be caused by cervical cancer, or cancer of the uterus.Cancer can also be accompanied by a bloody discharge and during sex.Heavy bleeding, with such cancer is rare
8. Endometriosis - a disease in which the proliferation of endometrial tissue (which by its morphological characteristics similar to the lining of the uterus) outside the uterus.endometrium - a layer of the uterus, which is rejected during menstruation and is in the form of bleeding.So, during menstruation in the organs affected by endometriosis occur the same changes as the endometrium.
9. Inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs - an infection of the female reproductive system.With early detection - can be treated with antibiotics.However, if the infection is not detected in time, it covers the uterus and the fallopian tubes can lead to chronic diseases, in the worst case, to severe consequences.Chronic process is accompanied by constant pain, infertility.Many of the symptoms also secrete intermenstrual bleeding and spotting during sex.