Now it seems ridiculous, even absurd, but at the beginning of the last century, figure skating was a purely masculine sport.Women were allowed on the ice, but it was considered a misdemeanor rather than act.Women's figure skating appeared in 1906.It was only after years of beautiful lady i8 allowed to speak at the World Championships.On this occasion even invited a brass band - if you ride, so with music!However, the cold froze not only musicians, but also instruments: trumpets and trombones were silenced, and the competitors had to ride to the sound of drumming.An hour spent at the rink, you can burn up to 400 calories
- Herringbone - a series of very simple steps in figure skating, skates when motion occurs at an angle of 30 ° and a figure skater is a track resembling a Christmas tree.
- Hooking - first you slide on the left leg, then turn 180 ° and continue in the same direction, but in the back.
- Mohawk - this simple element allows you to quickly change dire
Ballet on Ice
skate blades have two edges - external and internal.If you look at the movements of the skaters, you will notice that it is not exactly perpendicular to slip the ice, and with a slight slope - either to the right or to the left.Let's try to learn the technique of sliding movements.The way forward can be divided into two phases.First - gliding on one skate, when the body protruding slightly forward, one leg support, and the other - bent at the knee.In this work the extensor muscles - quadriceps, calf and tibia.They fix the lead leg in the same position.Flexor - biceps femoris - this time resting.In the second phase, the skater's center of gravity shifts to the other leg, which pushes and bends the knee.Priorities change.Another option skiing - backwards.It is difficult, but possible.So, feet shoulder width apart, knees bent, body slightly tilted forward.
And finally turns.Without them, as we know, it does not go far.Suppose you need to turn right.You slightly tilts and turns in this direction, first the shoulders, and then the body.At the same time repels the right foot, placing it on the outer edge of the arc and transfer the left leg inner edge of the blade.And in order to slow down, you need to turn 90 °, perpendicular to the motion.Knees should be half-bent, otherwise it will be difficult to keep his balance.Do not be surprised if the first time you will get sick, and the whole body will be an unpleasant sensation in the ankle joints.While riding work all muscle groups, but the main burden falls on the feet.An hour spent at the rink, you can burn up to 4oo kcal.Figure skating is also developing coordination and equally well strengthens the respiratory and cardiovascular systems.In the end, useful and very cold air.In winter, it has more oxygen than in summer.Not for nothing do they say to every young Russian cold.
dealt with simple moves, you can move on to more complex.It is known that in 1772, the English lieutenant of artillery and a passionate fan of figure skating Robert Jones wrote his famous "Treatise on skating," which told about the most famous at the time elements - spirals and spins.For a long time this book was considered the best of its kind.But exactly as long as Ulrich Salchow, Alois Lutz Werner and Axel Paulsen rittberger not come up with their crowns elements.Now these figures referred to the school, or the ABC skating.
- sheepskin (Toe Loop) is considered to be simple element, so professional athletes often perform it as a leap second in the cascade.But for beginners it's not that simple.At the moment of the jump you need to push the free leg on the ice surface and fly forward.
- Salchow (Salchov).He came up with the Swedish skater Ulrich Salchow, which is 10-times world champion.This figure can be easily distinguished from the others because the flight is preceded by free leg swing.The most common mistake - the skater jumps in the air at once, and only turned half-turned.
- rittberger (Loop) - jump without maha-footed strike and teeth skate on the ice when the skater, rebounding supporting leg, landing on the same foot.Running on the move on the right skate, supporting leg is bent.Make it quite difficult, so it is often loose athlete puts his foot on the ice and jumping with both feet.
- Lutz (Lutz) - come at it from a long journey back to the left leg.The secret is that you need to jump lean slightly forward, raise your right leg, and then hit the tooth and land on the ice already on the other foot.
- Axel (Axel) - the only jump that is not performed with the free and on the leading leg.You ride, then jump up and only after that to make a turn in the air, then lands safely.
around its axis
In addition there are jumps and spins - an unusually spectacular elements.They can be simple - a movement on one foot to the right or to the left, and combined - during the rotation and the position of my leg.Cog - rotation standing: free in front of the supporting leg bent and hands entwined on the breast.During the movement of a skater down free foot down and straighten your hands up.The rate of rotation increases and turns very effective trick.Spinner - the same thing, but in a sitting position: the supporting leg bent and the free - stretched forward.The arms should be parallel to the ice.
Buy and save
Learning to skate is simple.But first you have to go to a sports shop.
How to choose
What better shoes - leather or plastic?Three years ago, you probably would prefer plastic - then it was incredibly fashionable.However, the foot in such a shoe feels uncomfortable.Today, returning to the classics - leather shoes on a long lace.It is believed that they are firmly fixed ankle and foot.And to not feel cold feet, please be specific warm covers.They are made from fleece and put directly on shoes.Anyway, the main thing - that a good skate sitting, or riding turned into a torment.Therefore, it is desirable to buy at least half a size larger to be able to carry on a woolen sock.
Most importantly - do not be afraid to advance.You see the goal, believe in yourself - go ahead!If you think that the ice - too unstable surface, squat and try to bounce on your feet.And only when you're sure to stand on skates, you can try to make some items.For example, the easiest - Rocker jump half turned: you drive on the left leg and jump to the right.This is the power of everyone.The main thing that skating was really a pleasure.However, for me, it has long been working.The worst mistake that almost all the newcomers when they first turn on the ice - a drop head back.So fall in any case impossible.To like this happened, it is best to start training at home: learn to properly grouped and fall to the floor.And on the ice - to go so that the body has been tilted slightly forward.
How to sharpen
Trust the professionals, even if you have seen several times as sharpen skates, and are confident that it will be able to repeat.Otherwise, you are either hopelessly spoil runners, either once on the ice, injured.Ensure best to ensure that your horses have always been in great shape - take them to the workshop is necessary before each season.And so they do not become dulled ahead of time, you can purchase special covers.
How to store
covers are of two types - hard and soft.First put on the exit from the ice rink, and the latter are designed for storing skates throughout the year.Last made of fabric, which perfectly absorbs moisture and protects the blades from corrosion.Sometimes, removing the braces shoes in the closet, lacquered heel.But this is not the best way: sole begins to crack and eventually crumble.It is better to lubricate the special solution, which can be found in a shoe shop.But the runners is recommended to treat with petroleum jelly grease or fat and then stored in a dry, dark place.Before the onset of the next winter.